Table of Contents1. Export Process2. Import Processa. Content Data
Product tags provide a unique way to relate products to each other. Contrary to categories, there is no hierarchy in tags; so there are no ‘subtags’. In an exported sheet, tags are added, edited before finally preparing for import.
Growcer allows you to keep a track of all your tags in a spreadsheet. Product tags are used to help buyers buy products that belong to similar genres.
Whereas for the Seller product tags helps keep inventory organized and easily trackable. At the time of setting up a catalog, the tags sheet helps you know which product tags are to be used and which are to be excluded to be searched and found on your online store.
1. Export Process
The steps to export or download existing product tags content data involves:
- Click on the ‘Import Export’ from the left navigation menu.
- Select ‘Export’ from the displayed modular tab.
- A list of options available for export is displayed, select ‘Tags’.
Content Tab:This tab has following information prompted to download a .csv:
- Language: We provide you a content section to download ‘tags’ in multiple languages as added by admin in the system. For instance if you want to save content in English language simply select language English and submit. Similarly for other languages follow the above process with respective languages. Open exported .csv file and once it is accessed, data can be viewed in the following sequence:
Understanding Sequence Of Downloaded .csv: Open exported .csv file from your downloads folder. Once a file is accessed, data can be viewed in the following sequence:
- Tag Identifier*: User defined unique identifier for the tag. This works as a unique key for the system to identify a particular Tag.
- Username: If added by the seller, the name of the seller will be displayed, otherwise it will show admin’s name. In case a tag is added by a seller then the seller username will be displayed in this field.
- Tag Name*: User defined name for the Tag.
- Lastly, save the prepared content file into your document folder. Columns marked with asterisk* are mandatory to input information and cannot be left blank.
- Content Tab:This tab has following information prompted to download a .csv:
2. Import Process
The process to import has some prerequisites to follow. For ‘Content’ once required information is added/edited, double check your data and format of file in case you have opted to create your own .csv file. Check the file for formatted headers and columns so that mandatory fields cannot be left blank.
a. Content Data
Click on the ‘Import Export’ from the left navigation menu, select ‘Import’ from the displayed modular tab and lastly select ‘Tags’ from the displayed import options. On accessing, the following tabs are shown:
- Instructions: On this tab, instructions about importing ‘Tags’ are displayed. We recommend a thorough reading of instructions to avoid uploading errors.
Content: On this tab, the following fields are displayed to import data:
- Language: Select language from the drop-down list. Please note that data preparation is language specific meaning if a file is prepared in English, language is selected as English and vice versa.
- Select File To Upload: Click on ‘Choose File’, locate the file, click ‘Open’ and then ‘Submit’.
Please note that the Seller cannot update others tags. The ‘Data Imported/Updated Successfully’ message will be displayed when the file is uploaded within the system. In case of any discrepancies found, an error message is displayed and a log file will be automatically generated. Go through the log file, mark the areas highlighted for error and re-import. In case a problem persists, contact team Growcer.