Table of Contentsa. Configure Client Id and Secret Keyb. Configure Analytics Id
Configure Google Analytics keys under Settings > General Settings > Third-Party API.
a. Configure Client Id and Secret Key
To collect these keys, follow below steps:
- Login to your Google Account, If you don't have one, create a new Google Account and Login.
- Once logged in, visit https://console.developers.google.com/. Dashboard screen will open.
- Click on Select a Project from the drop-down menu on the top-navigation panel. If no project has been created, click on the New Project button provided on the top-right corner.
- A New Projectform will appear. Add below details:
- Project Name*: Enter a unique project name.
- Organization*: Select the organization to which the new project is to be attached. This selection cannot be changed later.
Location*: Enter the link of the parent organization or folder.
Click on Create to add the new project.
- It will be redirected to the Dashboard of the newly created project.
Click on the Enable APIs and Services button provided on this page. It will be redirected to
Welcome to the API Library page.
- Search Google Analytics API in the search bar provided on this page, which will provide search results.
Select the first option.
- It will be redirected to the Google Analytics API page.
Click on the Enable button which will redirect to the Overview page under Google Analytics API .
Click on the Create Credentials button.
- It will redirect you to the ‘Credentials’ tab. Skip this step by clicking on the Cancel button.
- On cancelling the previous step, you’ll be redirected to the ‘Credentials’ page. Click on the ‘Create Credentials’ button provided on the top-navigation bar of this page and then select ‘OAuth Client ID’ from the drop-down list.
- You’ll be redirected to the ‘Create OAuth Client ID’ page as shown.
Select the ‘Application Type*’ from the drop-down list. Select ‘Web Application’ from the list which will open an extended list(fig 13), that is to be filled. You can enter a new name for their client Id.
Must add below details:
Authorized Redirect URIs: Add callback URI on which it will redirect you back and provide merchant account details. The format to be used:
Click on ‘Create’ which will create the Client ID and Secret Key .
- The keys generated will appear on the ‘Credentials’ page.
- The keys generated will also appear on the ‘Credentials’ page.
The generated keys must be copied and pasted into respective input-fields to configure them in their settings.
b. Configure Analytics Id
Follow the steps given below to get Google Analytics Id-
- Log into your Google Account (gmail account) and then visit https://analytics.google.com/ . Analytics homepage will open.
- Click on the ‘Start Measuring’ button, which will redirect to the Analytics Signup Page. The signup process includes three steps.
- In the first step which is ‘Account setup’, enter the ‘Account Name’.
Click on ‘Next’ to proceed on to the next step.
- In the second step that is ‘Property Setup’, enter the ‘Property Name’ and then click on ‘Show Advanced Options’ provided in this section.
An extended section will be displayed here. Enable the ‘Universal Analytics’ toggle button provided to the right.
- Once the UA property is enabled, enter the website URL in the provided input box.
Select if you want to create both, Google Analytics 4 and UA property or only the UA property. Once the necessary changes are made, click on ‘Next’ to proceed on to the next step.
- In the third step which is ‘About Your Business’, select the Industry Category, Business Size and checkboxes listing options asking ‘How do you intend to use Google Analytics’.
Click on ‘Create’ to finish the signup process.
- The Terms and Conditions pop-up form will appear. Click on the two ‘I Accept’ checkboxes provided and then click on the ‘I Accept’ button provided at the bottom.
- Now, click on the ‘All Accounts’ tab provided on the top-header of the page which will open a drop-down menu displaying all the accounts created under this Analytics.
- Select the newly created account from the Analytics Account column. The Analytics Id will be displayed in the ‘Properties & Apps’ column with the format UA-xxxxxxx-x.
- Copy this UA id and paste it in the ‘Analytics id’ input field provided in the admin panel.
- Click on Oauth consent screen under your Project.
- Oauth consent screen
- Click on the Edit app button. Now a form will open here, add a logo and other necessary details and click on the Save and continue button.
- The scope form section will open, no changes needed, directly click on Save and continue button.
- The test users form section will open, no changes needed, directly click on the save and continue button.
- The Summary page will open, click on the Back to dashboard button.
- Oauth consent screen page will open, click on the Publish app button.
A pop-up will open, click on confirm.
- It will be redirected to the Oauth consent screen again, where click on prepare for the verification button.
- Again 4 forms will open (OAuth consent screen/Scopes/Optional info/Final review), click on save and continue directly (without editing anything) till the final review page. On the final review page click on the checkbox given at the end of form. And then click on submit for verification.
- You can see verification in progress status.
- Once the App will be verified click on the Re-Authenticate URL given under Google Analytic fields section.
- If everything is fine, it will ask to choose an account for login. This will verify that your Google Analytic setup is done successfully.