Each product can have a multitude of options and still be different from product to product. For example, one product can use size, color, and style, and another product can use weight, color variants and so on. With the export/import options module, bulk options can be created.
1. Export Process
Click on the Hamburger menu , select ‘Import Export’. Click ‘Export’ from the left hand menu, and select ‘Options’ from the provided option list. The following information is required to be submitted to download the .csv file:
1.1 Content Tab
This tab has following information prompted to download a .csv:
- Language: We provide you a content section to download options in multiple languages as added by admin in the system. For instance, if you want to save content in the English language simply select English and submit. Similarly for other languages follow the above process with respective languages.
Understanding Sequence Of Downloaded .csv: Open exported .csv file from your downloads folder. Once a file is accessed, data can be viewed in the following sequence:
- Option Identifier*: User defined unique identifier for the Option. This works as a unique key for the system to identify a particular Option.
- Option Name*: User defined name for the Option.
- Username: If added by the seller, the name of the seller will be displayed, otherwise it will show admin’s name.
- Has Separate Image*: User defined input field to denote if the option would have a separate image. Useful for color options of the product. Possible inputs for this field are 'Yes' & 'No'.
Deleted: User defined field to mark a particular option as deleted in the system or not. Possible inputs for this field are 'Yes' & 'No'. Default value should be set as 'No' to display Options in the system.
Columns marked with asterisk* are mandatory to input information and cannot be left blank.
2. Import Process
The process to import has some prerequisites to follow. For ‘Content’ once required information is added/edited, double check your data and format of file in case you have opted to create your own .csv file. Check the file for formatted headers and columns so that mandatory fields cannot be left blank.
2.1 Content Data
Click on the hamburger menu on the left, select ‘Import Export’, click ‘Import’, from the left hand menu, select ‘Import’ select option 'Options’. Upon click, the following modular ‘Import Instructions’ tab will appear where information is displayed into various tabs:
- Instructions: On this tab, instructions about importing ‘Options’ are displayed. We recommend a thorough reading of instructions to avoid uploading errors.
Content: On this tab, the following fields are displayed to import data:
- Select File To Upload: Click on ‘Browse File’, locate the ‘Options’ content file, click ‘Open’ and then ‘Submit’.
The ‘Data Imported/Updated Successfully’ message will be displayed when the file is uploaded within the system. Exit the section and congratulations you have successfully uploaded/updated newly added data into the system.
In case of any discrepancies found, an error message is displayed and a log file will be automatically generated. Go through the log file, mark the areas highlighted for error and re-import. In case a problem persists, contact team Growcer.