Product tags provide a unique way to relate products to each other. Contrary to categories, there is no hierarchy in tags; so there are no ‘subtags’. In an exported sheet, tags are added, edited before finally preparing for import.
1. Export Process
To export, click on the Hamburger menu on the left, select ‘Import Export’, click ‘Export’, from the left hand menu, select ‘Tags’ from the provided options. On selection, the following information will appear:
1.1 Content Tab
This tab has following information prompted to download a .csv:
- Language: We provide you a content section to download ‘tags’ in multiple languages as added by admin in the system. For instance if you want to save content in the English language simply select English and submit. Similarly for other languages follow the above process with respective languages. Open exported .csv file and once it is accessed, data can be viewed in the following sequence:
Understanding Sequence Of Downloaded .csv: Open exported .csv file from your downloads folder. Once a file is accessed, data can be viewed in the following sequence:
- Tag Identifier*: User defined unique identifier for the tag. This works as a unique key for the system to identify a particular Tag.
- Username: If added by the seller, the name of the seller will be displayed, otherwise it will show admin’s name. In case a tag is added by a seller then the seller username will be displayed in this field.
- Tag Name*: User defined name for the Tag.
- Lastly, save the prepared content file into your document folder.
Columns marked with asterisk* are mandatory to input information and cannot be left blank.
2. Import Process
The process to import has some prerequisites to follow. For ‘Content’ once required information is added/edited, double check your data and format of file in case you have opted to create your own .csv file. Check the file for formatted headers and columns so that mandatory fields cannot be left blank.
2.1 Content Data
Click on the hamburger menu on the left, select ‘Import Export’, click ‘Import’, from the left hand menu, select ‘Import’ select option 'Tags’. Upon click, the following modular ‘Import Instructions’ tab will appear where information is displayed into various tabs:
- Instructions: On this tab, instructions about importing ‘Tags’ are displayed. We recommend a thorough reading of instructions to avoid uploading errors.
Content: On this tab, the following fields are displayed to import data:
- Select File To Upload: Click on ‘Browse File’, locate the file, click ‘Open’ and then ‘Submit’.
The ‘Data Imported/Updated Successfully’ message will be displayed when the file is uploaded within the system. Exit the section and congratulations you have successfully uploaded/updated newly added data into the system. In case of any discrepancies found, an error message is displayed and a log file will be automatically generated.
Go through the log file, mark the areas highlighted for error and re-import. In case a problem persists, contact team Growcer.