Using export allows you to view and understand unique keys representing each label. You can change labels content and import them back in your enabled or integrated language.
1. Export Process
Click on the Hamburger menu , select ‘Import Export’. Click ‘Export’ from the left hand menu, and select ‘language Labels’ from the provided option list. Check your download folder and the file is ready to access.
Understanding Sequence Of Downloaded: Once a file is accessed, data can be viewed in the following sequence:
Type: There are three types of labels hard coded in a system. Each of the label type used is defined by their following types:
- For ‘Web’ labels value ‘1’ is used,
- For ‘Delivery App’ value ‘2’ is used
- And lastly for ‘Buyer App’ value ‘3’ is used.
- Key: Display predefined underscored label Key which is already used in the code. Please note that no changes can be made to the keys as they are constant and hardcoded into the system.
- en_US (Primary Language Data): Display content of a key denote corresponding to a label as per primary language set. Add, edit content as per your preferences. Please note that the list of languages displayed has a direct relation with the number of languages enabled in the system.
- AR (Secondary Language Data): Display value that a key denotes corresponding to a label as per primary language set. This column is displayed only when ‘Arabic’ is selected as an enabled language. Add, edit content as per your preferences.
- Lastly, save the prepared ‘Language Labels’ content file into your document folder.
- Type: There are three types of labels hard coded in a system. Each of the label type used is defined by their following types:
2. Import Process
Once required data is added/edited, click on the hamburger menu on the left, select ‘Import Export’, click ‘Import’, from the left hand menu, select ‘Import’ select option 'Language Labels’. Upon click, the following modular ‘Import Instructions’ tab will appear where information is displayed into various tabs:
- Instructions: On this tab, instructions about importing language labels are displayed. We recommend a thorough reading of instructions to avoid uploading errors.
Content: On this tab, the following fields are displayed to import data:
- Select File To Upload: Click on ‘Browse File’, locate the file, click ‘Open’ and then ‘Import’.
Double check your data and format of file in case you have opted to create your own .csv file. Check the file for formatted headers and columns that can be left blank. The ‘Data Imported/Updated Successfully’ message will be displayed when the file is uploaded within the system. Imports are matched to existing records using the label key. Once a unique key connects an imported record to an existing record, data is overwritten.
Exit the section and congratulations you have successfully uploaded/updated newly added data into the system. In case of any discrepancies found, an error message is displayed and a log file will be automatically generated. A preview of error file can be seen in the screenshot pasted below:
Go through the log file, mark the areas highlighted for error and re-import. In case a problem persists, contact team Growcer.