To manage the user's profile, shipping delivery address, shop setup, new user registration, cities data is provided in the system. Whenever required, an admin user can keep a track of users geographically through an export option. Also, for its accurate management data can be added, edited and deleted via an import.
1. Export Process
Export cities data by click on the hamburger menu on the left, select ‘Import Export’, click ‘Export’, from the left hand menu, select ‘Export’ select option 'Cities’. On selection, the following information is prompted to export file:
1.1 Content Tab
This tab has following information prompted to download a .csv:
Language: We provide you a content section to download data in multiple languages as added by admin in the system. For instance if you want to save content in the English language simply select English and submit. Similarly for other languages follow the above process with respective languages. Open exported cities .csv file and once it is accessed, data can be viewed in the following sequence:
- City ID: User defined unique ID for the city. This works as a unique key for the system to identify a particular city.
- City Identifier: User defined unique identifier for a city. This works as a unique key for the system to identify a particular city.
- City Name: User defined name for city.
- State Identifier: This works as a unique key for the system to identify a particular State Identifier. This field needs to be the same as the ‘State Identifier‘ defined in the States Content sheet.
- City Latitude: Latitude of city.
- City Longitude: Longitude of city.
- City Active: User defined field to mark a particular City as active in the system or not. Possible inputs for this field are 'Yes' & 'No'. Default value should be set as 'Yes'.
- Lastly, save the prepared ‘Cities’ content file into your document folder.
2. Import Process
Once required data is added/edited and its ready to import, click on the hamburger menu on the left, select ‘Import Export’, click ‘Import’, from the left tab and select 'Cities’. Upon click, the following modular ‘Import Instructions’ tab will appear where information is displayed into various tabs:
- Instructions: On this tab, instructions about importing ‘Cities’ are displayed. We recommend a thorough reading of instructions to avoid uploading errors.
Content: On this tab, the following fields are displayed to import data:
- Select File To Upload: Click on ‘Browse File’, locate the prepared .csv file, click ‘Open’ and then ‘Submit’.
The ‘Data Imported/Updated Successfully’ message will be displayed when the file is uploaded within the system. Exit the section and congratulations you have successfully uploaded/updated newly added data into the system.
In case of any discrepancies found, an error message is displayed and a log file will be automatically generated. Go through the log file, mark the areas highlighted for error and re-import. In case a problem persists, contact team Growcer.