Table of Contents1. Export Process
Exporting lets you view and understand categories available for you to prepare your catalog for import. Also the exported ‘Categories’ are useful to sort, organize while maintaining hierarchical structure of products you are planning to add to your store.
1. Export Process
The steps to export or download existing categories data involves:
- Click on the ‘Import Export’ on the left navigation menu.
- Select ‘Export’ from the displayed modular tab.
- Select ‘Categories’ from the list of options available for export..
The following information is required to be submitted to download the .csv file:
Content Tab: This tab has following information prompted to download a .csv:
Language: A content section is provided to download categories in multiple languages as added by admin in the system. For instance if you want to save content in English language simply select language English, click the ‘Submit’ button and the file will be downloaded. Similarly for other languages follow the above process with respective languages.
Understanding Sequence Of Downloaded .csv: Open the above export ‘categories’ .csv file from your downloads folder. Once a file is accessed, data can be viewed in the following sequence:
- Category Identifier*: User defined free text field for unique identifier of the category. This works as a unique key for the system to identify a particular category.
- Parent Identifier: Parent Identifier is used for categories that belong to a root/master category, essentially they are subcategories to root categories. For a category that is root/master category, the parentidentifier column needs to be left blank.
- Name*: Category name is displayed as per language selected.
- Understanding Sequence Of Downloaded .csv: Open the above export ‘categories’ .csv file from your downloads folder. Once a file is accessed, data can be viewed in the following sequence:
There is no option for the Seller to import new categories, however upon request ‘Categories’ enlistment request can be raised.