Google Tag Manager is a tag management system (TMS) that allows you to quickly and easily update measurement codes and related code fragments collectively known as tags on your website or mobile app. Once the small segment of Tag Manager code has been added to your project, you can safely and easily deploy analytics and measurement tag configurations from a web-based user interface.
Please configure Google Tag Manager script codes from System Settings > General Settings > SEO tab.
Fig. 1: Google Tag Manager (Admin-end)
To get access to these scripts, please follow the steps provided below:
- The admin must login with their gmail account. If the admin doesn’t have a gmail account they must create it first.
- Once logged in, the admin must visit https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/tag-manager/ which will redirect them to the ‘Tag Manager Sign In/Sign Up’ page as shown in figure 2.
Fig. 2: Tag Manager Sign In/Sign Up page
- Once logged in, the admin will be redirected to the ‘All Accounts’ page on Tag Manager. If the admin has already created an account they can select it from the list of accounts displayed on this page. If the admin has not created an account, they must click on the ‘Create Account’ button as shown in figure 3.
Fig. 3: Tag Manager ‘All Accounts’ page
Fig. 4: ‘Add a New Account’ Page
- The admin will be redirected to the ‘Add a New Account’ page as shown in figure 4. The admin must enter:
- Account Name: Name of the account.
- Country: Select their country from the drop-down list.
- ‘Share Data Anonymously with Google and Others’ Check-box: Select this check-box if the admin wants to share their website data with Google.
- Container Name: Enter the website URL as per the provided format.
- Target Platform: Select ‘Web’ as the target platform.
Once all the necessary details have been entered, the admin must click on the ‘Create’ button.
Fig. 5: ‘Google Tag Manager Terms of Service Agreement’ page
The ‘Google Tag Manager Terms of Service Agreement’ page will open in which the admin must accept the terms and conditions by clicking on the check-box provided at the bottom of the page and then click on the ‘Yes’ button provided on the top-right corner of this page (Please refer to figure 5).
- The ‘Install Google Tag Manager’ pop-up box will appear as shown in figure 6. Admin can copy and paste the ‘Head Script’ and ‘Body Script’ in their respective fields as shown in figure 1.
Fig. 6: ‘Install Google Tag Manager’
In case when the admin already has a created account, they must click on the ‘Settings’ button provided on the top-right corner of the respective account displayed on the ‘All Accounts’ page.
Fig. 7: ‘All Accounts’ Page
The admin will be redirected to the settings page as shown in figure 8. The Admin must click on the ‘Install Google Tag Manager’ option provided in the ‘Container’ section.
Fig. 8: Settings Page
The admin will be redirected to the ‘Install Google Tag Manager’ page as shown above in figure 6. Admin can copy and paste the ‘Head Script’ and ‘Body Script’ in their settings within the respective input-fields as shown in figure 1.