Google Webmaster Tool Setup Guide
Google Webmaster will periodically validate the site ownership status by accessing the respective Search Console account. The admin can configure ‘Google Webmaster’ settings by uploading the ‘HTML File Verification’ from System Settings > General Settings > SEO tab as shown in figure 1.
Fig. 1: Google Webmaster (Admin-end)
To get access to this authentication file, the admin must follow the steps provided below:
- The admin must login with their gmail account. If the admin doesn’t have a gmail account they must create it first.
- Once logged in, the admin must visit https://www.google.com/intl/en/webmasters/#?modal_active=none which will redirect them to the ‘Google Webmarters’ homepage as shown in figure 2.
Fig. 2: Google Webmasters Homepage
The admin must click on the ‘Sign In’ button provided on the top-right corner of this homepage.
- The seller will be redirected to the ‘Google Search Console’ home page as shown in figure 3.
Fig. 3: ‘Google Search Console’ home page
- The admin must enter their website URL in the ‘Enter URL’ input field provided under the ‘URL prefix’ section as shown in figure 3. Once the URL has been added, a ‘Verify Ownership’ pop-up menu will appear as shown in figure 4.
Fig. 4: ‘Verify Ownership’ pop-up menu
NB: The admin is recommended not to close the ‘Verify Ownership’ pop-up menu yet.
- The admin must download the file and save it on their PC. Now, the admin must go back to their dashboard and upload this downloaded file in their settings as shown in figure 1.
- Once the file has been uploaded by the admin in their settings, two action buttons will be displayed to the right as shown in figure 5.
Fig. 5: Google Webmaster Settings (Admin-end)
- View File : Clicking on this icon, the admin can view the uploaded file.
- Delete File : Clicking on this icon will delete the uploaded file.
- After uploading the file the admin must go back to the ‘Verify Ownership’ pop-up menu and click on the ‘Verify’ button as shown in figure 6.
Fig. 6: ‘Verify Ownership’ pop-up menu
Once the site has been verified, the ‘Ownership Verified’ message will be displayed as shown in figure 7.
Fig. 7: Verification Confirmation Message