Share & Earn via Twitter
The admin needs to enter ‘App Key*’ and ‘App Secret*’ to configure the Twitter sharing feature (refer figure 1). These settings are provided in System Settings > General Settings > Sharing.
Fig. 1: Twitter Share and Earn Settings under Sharing tab (Admin-end)
Admin must follow the below steps to collect these two keys:
- Visit https://developer.twitter.com/en which will redirect the admin to the ‘Twitter Login/Signup’ page. Admin must click on the ‘Sign In’ button provided on the top-right corner of this page to proceed further with login.
Fig. 2: Twitter Login/Sign Up page
- The ‘Login to Twitter’ form will open in which the admin must enter their credentials to login.
Fig. 3: ‘Login to Twitter’ Form
- If not already registered, the admin must click on ‘Sign Up for Twitter’ which will redirect them to ‘Create Your Account’ form.
Fig. 4: Twitter Sign Up Form
The admin must follow up the steps and complete the signup process.
- Once created the account, the admin will be redirected to their Twitter account. The admin must go to https://developer.twitter.com/en/apps which will redirect them to the Twitter Developer account as shown in figure 5.
Fig. 5: Twitter Developer Homepage
The admin must click on the ‘Create an App’ button provided on the right corner as shown in figure 5 to create an app.
NB: If the admin has an already existing account, they can use any of their previously created apps to proceed further.
- A next step will be to get access to Twitter API. Admin will need to follow up a five-step process for getting access to Twitter API in order to create an app.
Fig. 6: Request Submission Steps to Get Access to Twitter API
As shown in figure 6, the admin will need to add their details in these steps and submit their request. Only after the request has been approved, the admin can proceed further with creating an app.
- Once the request has been approved, the admin must create an app by clicking on the ‘Create an App’ button as shown in figure 5.
Fig. 7: ‘Create an App’ Form
Admin must enter all the details and then click on the ‘Create’ button provided at the bottom of this form.
- The created app will be displayed on the ‘Apps’ page as shown in figure 8.
Fig. 8: Apps Page
- The admin must click on the ‘Details’ button which will redirect them to the ‘App Details’ page which also includes two other tabs.
Fig. 9: App Details Page
The admin must click on the ‘Keys and Tokens’ tab which will open the respective page as shown in figure 10.
Fig. 10: ‘Keys and Tokens’ tab
The admin must copy and paste these keys in their settings as shown in figure 1.