The admin can add sub-users to divide tasks. The sub-users can be granted limited permissions by defining their roles. The roles can be defined in the ‘Roles’ module and then linked with sub-users.
To add a sub-user, please click on the ‘Add’ button provided on the top-right corner of the page.
In the sub-admin setup form (figure 10.1.1), please enter the following details-
- Name*: Enter the name of the sub-user.
- Username*: Enter their username.
- Phone*: Enter their contact number.
- Email*: Enter their email address.
- Password & Confirm Password*: Create their Password.
- Role*: Link a role to define what permissions can be granted to them and what are restricted. The roles can be created from the ‘Roles’ module.
Click on ‘Create’ to save the changes or ‘Discard’ to close the form without saving changes.
Fig. 10.1.1: Sub-Admin Setup Form
The added sub-users are listed on the Sub-Admins page. The admin can manage the list through following action buttons -
- Status (Publish/Unpublish): The current status of the sub-user is displayed in the ‘Publish’ column. The admin can change the status using the toggle button. Only the currently active users (‘Publish’ status) can have access to their account.
- Impersonate : Clicking on this button will log the admin into the sub-admin’s profile. The admin can view their profile and perform any changes as per the requirement.
- Edit : Click on this button to make changes in the details of the sub-user.
Delete : Click on this button to remove the sub-user from the system.
The figure 10.1.2 below shows the dashboard of a sub-admin. Please note that the sub-admin can only have access to the modules as per the roles defined by the admin.Fig. 10.1.2: Sub-Admin Dashboard
The admin can create roles and save them to be linked later with sub-users. To create a role, please click on the ‘Add’ button provided on the top-right corner of the page. The Role Setup form will display all the important modules categorized into groups. Please enter the ‘Role Name’ in the field provided at the top of the page. Then, select the checkboxes provided against respective modules to define the kind of access should be provided under this role. The admin can set following permissions -
- None: The sub-user will not have any access to these modules.
- Read Only: The sub-user will only have viewing access to these modules.
Read & Write: The sub-user will have both, viewing and adding/editing access to these modules.
Please make necessary changes and click on ‘Create’ to add this role in the system. Clicking on ‘Discard’ will close the setup form without saving changes. Fig. 10.1.3: Role Setup Form
The created roles are listed on the page. Admin can click on ‘Edit’ to make any changes in an already created role or ‘Delete’ to remove the role from the system.
Please note that the system will display an error when the admin tries to delete a role that has already been linked with a sub-admin user. Please assign the sub-admins new roles and once no user is linked with a role, it can be removed from the system.
All the users (customers) registered on the website will be enlisted on this page.
Fig. 10.2.1: Users List
The admin can manage users with the help of following action buttons -
- Status (Publish/Unpublish): The current status of the user is displayed in the ‘Publish’ column. The admin can change the status using the toggle button. Only the currently active users (‘Publish’ status) can have access to their account. An alert sign is displayed besides those users who have not completed the email verification step.
Send Email: The admin can send an email to the user through this button. Clicking on the icon provided in a user's row will open the ‘Compose Mail’ pop-up box in which the admin needs to enter the Subject and Message to be sent via email.Fig. 10.2.2: Compose Email
Clicking on ‘Send’ will forward the email to the respective user.
- Impersonate This User: The admin can directly login to the user’s account by clicking on this button.
Edit : Click on this button to view or edit the users’ details. Fig. 10.2.3: User’s Detail Page
A search bar is provided on the top of this page where the admin can search users through their email address. Admin can view details of two or more users simultaneously as shown in figure 10.2.4 below. The email address of the user whose details are displayed currently will be highlighted. Admin can click on the email address to switch in between the accounts. To remove the user from the search result, click on the cross provided besides the email address.Fig. 10.2.4: Editing Details of Multiple Users
The details are displayed in eight different tabs which are -
Details: The admin can view/edit following -
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Password: Clicking on the ‘Change Password’ button will open a pop-up box as shown in figure 10.2.5, using which admin can change the password for the respective user. Fig. 10.2.5: Change Password
- Groups: All the groups created in the system will be displayed here. The groups in which this user is already added will be highlighted from the ones in which the user is not added. Admin can add/remove the respective user to/from a group by clicking on the group name.
- Created On
- Last Updated
Reward Point History: View the user’s reward points history and currently available reward points from this tab. A ‘Manage Reward’ button is provided in the corner through which admin can add or remove reward points to the user’s account.Fig. 10.2.6: Add/Remove Reward Points
In the ‘Add/Remove Reward Points’ pop-up box (figure 10.2.6), the admin can enter following details -
- Type: Select ‘Credit’ to add more points or ‘Debit’ to remove existing points.
- Points: Enter the number of points to be added/removed.
- Comments: Enter any comment. Please note that this comment will be displayed to the customer.
- Redeemed Coupons: View the coupons that have been redeemed by the user and total amount saved through these coupons.
- Orders: View all the orders placed by the user and total amount spent on orders. Clicking on the Order Id will redirect the admin to the Order details page.
- Cancellation Requests: View the cancellation requests placed by the user and total cancellation amount. Clicking on the Order Id will redirect the admin to the Cancellation request page.
- Return Requests: View the return requests placed by the user and total return amount. Clicking on the Order Id will redirect the admin to the Return request detail page.
- Product Reviews: View all the reviews posted by this user.
Addresses: View the addresses added by the user in their account.
Click on the ‘Back’ button provided on the top-right corner of this page to return back to the users list.
Delete : Click on this button to remove the user from the system.
An ‘Export’ button is provided on the top-right corner of this page. The admin can download a CSV file in their system to view details of users.
- Delete : Click on this button to remove the user from the system.
- Details: The admin can view/edit following -
The admin can create groups and link users to those groups to perform collective actions such as sending them emails. To create a group, please click on the ‘Add’ button provided on the top-right corner of this page. ‘New User Group Setup’ form will be displayed in the right section of the page. The admin needs to fill in following details -
- Name*: Enter the name of the group.
- Left Bar (Users Excluded from the Group): All the users registered on the website are displayed in this section. Select the name/names of users to be added in the group. Once the users are selected, please click on the button to move them to the right bar. The will move the entire users list to the right bar. This means that all the users will be added in the group.
- Right Bar (Users Included in the Group): All the users selected from the left bar will be displayed in this section. These users will be included in the group being created. To remove a user from the group, please select their name and click on the button. The will move the entire users list to the left bar which means all the users selected for being added to the group, will be removed. Click on ‘Create’ to finish adding the group or click on ‘Discard’ to close the form without saving any changes. The created groups will be displayed in the left section of the page. Admin can perform following actions in this list -
- Send Email: Click on this button to send email to all users linked with the respective group.
- Edit : Click on this button to make changes in the details of a group.
- Delete : Click on this button to remove the group from the system.
3. GDPR Requests
As per the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) guidelines, every user has the right to protect their data by collecting, storing, altering, erasing or restricting it.
The users can place following two types of requests -
- Data Request: The user has requested for their data.
Deletion Request: The user has requested to delete and close their account.
All such requests placed by users are listed on this page. The admin can view details like the user name, request type, the purpose given to place the request and the date on which the request was forwarded.