Follow the below instructions before installing the kit on localhost.
Download and Install XAMPP on Windows
- Go to the official XAMPP website and download the latest version of XAMPP for Windows.
- Launch the downloaded XAMPP installer file.
- Some antivirus applications might interfere in the XAMPP installation process. So it is recommended to stop your antivirus application during the installation procedure. After you have stopped the antivirus, select Yes to continue.
- Confirm that you will avoid installing the software to C:\Program Files and press OK. User Account Control (UAC) might block some XAMPP functions when installing to C:\Program Files, so it is recommended to install XAMPP to the default folder.
- Click Next to start the procedure.
- Select all components and then click Next.
- Select the folder to install XAMPP and click Next. It is recommended to install the software into the default folder.
- Untick the ‘Learn more’ about Bitnami for XAMPP checkbox and click Next.
- Click Next to launch the installation.
- Check that the ‘Do you want to start the Control Panel now?’ checkbox is ticked and click Finish.
- After launching XAMPP Control Panel select Config to open XAMPP settings.
Green background around Apache and MySQL marks that these modules work correctly.
- Open a browser and enter ‘localhost’ in the address line. If you see the Welcome to XAMPP for Windows! notification, the environment is set up and ready for work.
Create a Root Folder in XAMPP
- Open the htdocs folder of the XAMPP installation (by default it’s C:\xampp\htdocs) and create a root new folder named ‘yorent’ (This name is taken to avoid any confusions). The user can choose a different name. However, please make sure to enter the correct folder name in the steps ahead).
- Please note that by default the XAMPP is installed in the C drive. However, the users can change the path/location during the time of installation. The steps followed in this manual consider the default path/location i.e. C drive.
- Extract the downloaded Yo!Rent scripts in this folder.
- Enter localhost/yorent (or Name of the Root Folder created above in Step ii) in the address bar of the browser which will redirect the user to the installation page.