Table of ContentsBuy Together ProductsRelated ProductsTagsOptionsTax CategoriesRequests
Buy Together Products
The Buy Together products are also commonly known as Add-On products. These are the products that complement each other and can be suggested to customers when they want to buy any one of such products.To add buy-together products, the seller must:
- Search Product: Enter the name of the product for which they want to provide an add-on. The input-box provided is an auto-complete which helps sellers find and fill-in the product name easily and accurately.
- Add Buy Together Products: Enter the name of products they want to present to customers as add-on. Multiple numbers of products can be added as add-on to one product.
Once the seller fills in the input-fields and clicks on the ‘Save’ button, the product that is assigned add-ons will start being displayed in the list provided on this page. When the seller checks the respective product in their shop, they will see the add-on products being displayed for that product in the ‘Product Add-Ons’ box. In that box, a check-box is provided to the right of each add-on product that is a short-cut provided for the seller to remove the add-on.
The seller can search for a particular product from the list by entering ‘Keywords’ in the Search bar provided at the top. A ‘Cross’ is provided to the right of each product mentioned as an add-on to another product, clicking on which will delete that add-on.
Related Products are also commonly known as ‘Similar Products’. They can also be defined as the alternative products or complementary choices presented to customers. When a customer opens a product page, these products are displayed below. To add related products the seller must provide:
- Search Product: The seller must enter the name of the product for which they want to add other related products. The input-box provided is an auto-complete which helps sellers find and fill-in the product name easily and accurately.
- Add Related Products: The seller must add the names of products which they want to display as similar products.
Once the seller fills in the input-fields and clicks on the ‘Save’ button, the product that is displayed in the list provided on this page along with its related products. When the seller checks the respective product in their shop, they will see the related products being displayed in the ‘Similar Products’ list. A ‘Cross’ is provided to the right of each related product added for another product, clicking on which will delete that product from that list.
Product tags are meticulously used to add descriptors to make products found and easily traceable. For any product added by the seller, new tags can be assigned and previously assigned ones are removed by the seller. Tagging not only helps customers search for specific products easily, but also help them view the exactly searched or similar kind of products. The tags added by the seller will also be shown as suggestions to the customers in the search bar provided at the top of the homepage. So, it is recommended to add correctly aiming, meaningful and very commonly used keywords.
NB: Product Tags module will not be displayed if the admin has restricted adding new Seller Products.
‘Product Tags’ page shows the list of products added by the seller in their shop. Besides each product, an input-text bar is provided in which the seller can add tags for that respective product. The seller can add keywords and press Enter to add a tag. To remove a tag, the seller must click on the ‘Cross’ provided besides every tag. A tag once assigned to any one product will also be shown as an auto-complete suggestion for other products and can be repeated.
Product options are used to define product variants. This means that any product can have variants/multiple choices in terms of their size or colors. The seller can add option groups to their products through the ‘Options And Tags’ tab in the ‘Custom Product Setup’ section. However, there might be a possibility that the option required by the seller is not available (not added by the admin).
NB: Product Options module will also not be displayed if the admin has restricted the seller from adding new products in their shop.
The ‘Product Options’ module helps sellers create new options for their products. To add a new option, the seller must click on the ‘Add Option’ button provided at the top-right corner of the ‘Seller Options’ page
Clicking on the ‘Add Option’ button opens a pop-up menu displaying an ‘Option Setup’ form that contains the following information:
- Option Identifier*: Enter a unique identifier for the option being created.
- Option Name in (Primary Language)*: Enter the name of the option in this input-box in primary language.
- Option Name in (Secondary Language)*: Re-enter the name of the option in the secondary language manually. The seller can also click on the ‘Autofill Language Data’ button provided on the top-right corner of this form which will convert the option name in secondary language automatically.
- Option Have Separate Image*: Depending upon the kind of option being defined, the need to upload a separate image for the product might vary. The seller can select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ from the drop-down list as per the requirement.
- Option is Color*: Select ‘Yes’ if the option they are providing is a color and ‘No’ otherwise.
- Attach Size Chart: Click on the checkbox to attach a size chart with the product.
When the information has been added, click on the ‘Save Changes’ button and a form to configure option values will be displayed for the information to be added:
To add option values, enter the following information into the fields displayed:
- Option Value Identifier*: Enter a unique identifier for the option value being created.
- Option Value Name in (Primary Language)*: Enter the name of the option value in this input-box in primary language.
- Option Value Name in (Secondary Language)*: Re-enter the name of option value in the secondary language manually. The seller can also click on the ‘Autofill Language Data’ button provided on the top-right corner of this form which will convert the option value name in secondary language automatically.
- Option Value Color*: Select the color of the option value being defined. This field will not be displayed if the ‘Option is Color’ field is set to ‘No’.
To save the information entered, click on the ‘Save Changes’ button. All the added options along with their values will be displayed in the listing area.
The seller can add any number of values by clicking on the ‘Add New’ button provided in the Options Listing section. Once the values are added, the seller can redirect back to the Seller Options page which will display the newly added option.
The seller can also search for an option by entering the keywords in the search bar provided above the list. The list provides following action buttons:
- Check-box: Select check-boxes to select multiple products options. Just as you do that, a ‘Delete’ icon will be displayed on the top-right corner of the list to delete the selected records.
- Edit : Clicking on this button will navigate the seller to the ‘Option Setup’ pop-up menu where sellers can add/update details of respective product options.
- Delete : Clicking on this icon will delete the respective product option from the list.
The tax categories are defined by the admin. All the existing tax categories are displayed on this page. For the easy viewing and sorting of the listing, a search bar is provided on the top.
Any product being added to the store needs to be linked with a Tax Category in the ‘Initial Setup’ tab. The seller can view the details of tax categories by clicking on the ‘View Details’ icon provided at the end of each listing column
Accessing the details page, the seller can see the rules defined by the admin and the charges applied within those rules depending upon the locations.
To edit, click on the ‘Edit’ icon to change the percentage defined. Once edited, click on the ‘Save’ button.To return back to the list, please click on the ‘Back to Tax Categories’ button provided in the top-right corner of this page.
All the requests forwarded by the seller to their admin will be displayed under this module. This module will not be visible if the admin has not activated any such requests related settings for the seller.
A seller can request for:
- Marketplace Product Requests
- Brand Requests
- Category Requests
However, it is possible that the seller views fewer options as per the settings enabled by their admin. Initially, when no requests have been forwarded by the seller, the ‘Requests’ page will be viewed as below.
Once requests are forwarded, the outlook of the listing will be displayed differently.
A ‘New Request’ button is provided on the top-right corner of this page. Click on the arrow icon besides the button and select from the following available options: